Membrane Filter Presses achieve a higher dryness of the solid by using an inflatable membrane within the filter plates to compress the remaining liquid from the filter cake. The range of achievable dry matter contents extends from 30 to over 80 percent. The membrane inflation medium consists either of compressed air or a liquid medium (e.g., water).
Membrane filter presses offer an extremely increased degree of dewatering and can also reduce the filtration cycle time. This will lead to better work efficiency and productivity.
The recessed membrane allows a more uniform cake thickness and a very good washing result.
- Shorter filtration cycles
- Shorter washing times
- Higher dry solids content
- Even cake thickness distribution across filtration area
- Higher throughput rate
- Reduced water consumption
- Reduced air consumption during blow-drying
- Superior cake washing/blowing results
A recess plate filter press has a recess in each plate with sloping edges in which the filter cake forms within this recess of the chambers. The recess can vary between 15mm – 50mm per filter plate.
- Cost effective filtration solution
- Suitable for high filtration temperatures
- Individual cake thicknesses
- Universal customization – tailored to application and individual customer requirements
- For filtration processes with low dry content requirements
Plate and Frame Press
A plate and frame filter press uses a combination of a solid flat plate and a hollow plate frame.
- The plates provide support to the filter pressure and have narrow slots to allow the filtrate to flow through the into the plate.
- Frames provide a chamber between the solid plates into which the slurry is pumped, and the filter cake forms.
Latham International have facilities for filtration trials both in house and on site.
In house via our laboratory utilising pilot size equipment allowing basic trials to be carried out on small sample volumes. On Site via our trailer mounted self contained test rig that requires no additional incoming services other than the material to be filtered.
Our mobile rigs allow for both conventional and membrane filtration up to 20 bar, along with inbuilt facilities for both cake washing and air blowing if required.
Our Model 300 x 300mm x 1 chamber Filter press consists of:
• Cast Iron framework with Steel Head End centre feed and 2 corner port internal drains
• Cast Iron Moving End
• Hydraulic ram with hand operated hydraulic pump closing system.
• 0-25 bar capsule gauge
• 1 off Recessed Head end filter plate plus 1 off Moving End Membrane Plate. 1 set of chamber spacer frames to suit variable cake thicknesses
• Air Operated Diaphragm pump with air connection
• Stainless steel feed inlet manifold with feed inlet valve, pressure gauge & pressure relief valve
• Membrane inflation regulator and 2:1 air pressure booster
• Stainless steel filtrate manifold with isolating valves
• Pump suction hose and pump discharge/press feed hose
• High-Pressure Stainless-Steel Feed Vessel
• Stainless Mixing Tank